- Norik Vardanian is an Armenian and American weightlifter. He is the son of legendary Soviet weightlifter Yurik Vardanian.
- He began his weightlifting career in 2002. Norik learned about weightlifting from his father, Urik Vardanian.
- Urik taught Norik his technique, methods of training, and the mental toughness to be a great weightlifter. Norik competed for Team USA from 2003-2009. He was a resident athlete at the Olympic training center from 2005-2009.
- He became a National Champion 5 times (2 youth, 1 collegiate, and 2 senior), Jr Pan American Champion (2005), Senior Pan American Bronze medalist (2009), and made numerous international teams as part of Team USA.
- Late 2009, Norik moved to Armenia and became a member of the Armenian National Weightlifting team.
- In Armenia, Norik became Armenian National Champion 2 times in the senior division (2012, 2013), and made the Olympic Team in 2012.
- In 2013 Norik decided to move back to the USA. Norik then began competing for team USA once again.
- Norik broke 6 Senior American records from 2014-2016 and also became Silver medalist at the 2015 Pan American Games.
Jenny Arthur, 2016 Olympian, 4x USAW Champion, 3x World Team Member, American Record Snatch, C&J and total in 75kg Class, coached over 20 seminars in the past year, 11 years of weightlifting experience with 1972 Gold Medalist Zymunt Smalcerz and 2012 Olympian Norik Vardanian.
More about Jenny:
Events: Olympic Weightlifting
Hometown: Gainesville, GA
Current Residence: Colorado Springs, CO
PRs: Snatch- 107kg; C&J-138kg
*Certified USAW Sports Performance Coach
- 2018 World Championships- 4th Place
- 2016 Olympics- 6th place
- American Record Holder
- 2012-2016 US Olympic Training Center Resident Athlete
- 2015 World Championships – 7th Place
- 2x American Open Champion
- 2013/2014 Pan Am Championships
- Silver Medalist – 69KG/75kg
- 2013 Junior World Championships Silver Medalist – 75KG
- 2013 Junior Pan Am Champion – 75KG
- 2012 Olympic Trials Qualifer